Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Adventures in Potty Training

OK so how lucky are we? My daycare lady (bless her heart) asked if she could potty train Annika this week. They started yesterday. We got Annika all hyped up to be wearing big girl underwear just like the other girls at daycare. The first day went well...she wet through of her 7 outfits but only 2 were major wets and the others were just dribbles where she knew and then tried to hold it til she got to the potty. Well now our problem is that she is obsessed with these underwear and has some trouble keeping the same pair on. She wants to put on a new pair everytime she goes to the potty, wet or not. Oh well, minor problem I"m guessing in the grand scheme of the whole thing.

The past few weeks have been busy. We made a trip up to Duluth and then Thunder Bay over MEA break. Annika loved the hotel and the waterpark...I couldnt believe how cold the water was. She also loved the BOO Barn at the Pumpkin Patch we went to. Now as the daughter of Tim and I who are both afraid of haunted houses and creepy stuff in general you wouldn't think that our daughter would want to tour this "haunted" barn (pitch black, creepy music, creepy decorations you get the point) not once, not twice but four times before we had to physicaly leave the pumpkin patch. She is still talking about the Old Rocking Lady!

She has also had quite a bad cough for the past few weeks. Tip for all of you out there who are seeking a flu shot but have been put on a waiting list. Apparently the trick is to get yourself in for an appointment. Both Annika and I were able to get ours this way. The clinics have the flu shots there but ar enot taking appointments specifically to get the shot but will give it to you if you are there for another reason...my advice make something up and go in. I couldn't believe that as a pregnant women who works in the schools I had such a hard time getting a flu shot...for all the talk about high risk blah blah blah they certainly haven't been very accommodating. Anyway back to the cough...cough syrup with codeine is not even doing the trick...poor baby, hopefully it's gone soon.

Things with the new house are in full swing. We have chosen a model, put down our money, made all of our interior/exterior selecetions and are now waiting for the city to approve the permit. We should be in by February or March...depending on the weather. As long as we're in before baby comes I"ll be a happy woman.

Tim is gearing up for the start of basketball season. He has also taken on an increased role with the Fury. He is excited and nervous all at once as he has a lot on his plate and life is about to get very busy once season starts. I am hoping the Spartans have a good season and that I will be able to keep myself under control so as not to induce labor by my craziness during the games. I am sure his Fury team will have another great season as well but that is a ways off so we focus on the Spartans for now. Go Simley!!!

Anyways I guess thats all for now. I will try and post sme pics when I have time to figure this all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment