Monday, November 30, 2009

Wow How the Time Flies

It has been so long since I updated...life has been busy. Basketball season will be in full swing this week. Practice has been going on for the last 2 weeks but the first game of the season if tomorrow. I am really excited to go to the games. I have sent out my prayers to the basketball referees for an easy season. Seeing as I am already 20 weeks along the added stress of games in my seventh and eighth months of pregnancy would not be good. For those of you who know me or have seen me during an intense game know that it isn't pretty. I can get pretty fired up sometimes...Tim has told me not to worry about it and just relax but that competitive spirit can't help but come out.

We find out on Friday whether this little one is a boy or a girl. I can't wait. I have an inkling but we'll see what happens. Then we can get to the task of picking out some names...Annika has decided it is a girl named Coco...it may be a girl but her name will NOT be Coco...we'll fight that battle when we get there.

Annika was at home with Grandpa and Grandma for the past 2 weeks. Although I know they love her a ton it was probably nice for her to go back to daycare this morning. She was very excited to see her friends.

She has been a busy girl. She spent last night and this monring putting the Christmas "instruments" on the tree. Marilyn and I will have to od some rearranging to move some of the ornaments to the top of the tree but just like her Mama she loves this decorating thing. She has added some interesting new phrases to her vocabulary these past few weeks. Some of my favorites are "it's a mystery," "duuhh," "whatever," and "you happy now mama?" Another one that hopefully we have eliminated was completely my fault. Annika loves animated shows and wanted to watch one right before bedtime...seeing as nothing was on I made the mistake of turing on South Park. Well Annika apparently listened very well when Cartman was talking. That night in her crib she yelled out "somebody bring me some cheese dammit!" This weekend it was "Dammit I can't get my bubble wand out." The fact that she was using it in the right context is amazing to me...she is too smart.

Things with the house are now in full swing. The basement was dug last Monday, foundation poured on Tuesday and now we wait 2 weeks until framing starts. It is so exciting to know it has been started and I can't wait to watch it go up.

I guess that's all for now. If anyone has gift ideas for my Mom, Dad and sister they would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment