Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We Need To Get Better

Last week was crazy! I don't know where the time went. Between meetings for just about everything we somehow made it through the week.

Tim finished the week off with a trip to Chicago. He and Rick (his assistant coach) drove down for a coaches clinic. I have to admit I was a little envious. The last time I was in Chicago was for ASHA and you grad school girls remember how much we loved it there!

Annika came down with a cold over the weekend...caught it from daycare I'm sure and by Sunday I ended up with it. The worst of it was yesterday but I toughed it out and made it through the day feeling like I'd been punched repeatedly in the head! As I was helping Annika blow her nose on Sunday night she told me that "we need to get better." I agree honey, 100%!!!

She was a little stinker at the cabin this weekend. I mentioned last time how she is hanging out in bed for at least an hour. Well at the cabin Annika has a big girl bed. Mom forgot the nightlight and she is terrified of the dark. So... I put her down at 8...went through the whole routine. Left her with the overhead light on in our bedroom. I went in there a number of times to let her know she needed to go to sleep. Well at 11:30, after a rousing few hours of cribbage in which I officially lost every single game we played, I went in to go to bed to find my daughter still awake with the radio on chatting away to herself. Then she decided she wanted a popsicle to which I gave in simply to avoid a total meltdown and the awakening of every one else present. So around midnight we went to bed...new lamp in the room with dish towels over the top to dim the lights for my benefit, KDWB turned up mighty loud to satisfy yet another demand of my 2 year old, and myself and my little Moo-Moos cuddled up in MY bed together. Don;t get me wrong I love to sleep/cuddle with her whenever I get the chance but this was a little ridiculous. She slept the whole night with me, horizontally spread out over about three quarters of the bed with me waking up to every turn she made, fearful she would fall out of bed. Poor thing was even snoring from being so stuffed up. Well she slept until about 9:30 and woke up happy as could be...what I wouldn't give to be that happy in the morning.

Tim and I definitely did an excellent job of bringing quite possibly the most stubborn child on earth into this world. Granted with the 2 of us combined she was doomed form the start but the poor little thing is just so set in her ways and has a horrible temper to top it all off. Daycare experienced the first major meltdown this morning when I dropped her off in full blown tantrun mode. She got angry at home because she had to put pants on...I even let her choose which pair. She had to be pried from my arms screaming for me as I left. I cried...I hate to leave her like that but when she calmed down they called from daycare to have her say goodbye and tell me she loved me...which made me cry more but just because she was so sweet. I am dreading the teenage years with this one...I see myself in there and that is NOT good!

Hpefully this week will be a little more mellow with a busy weekend ahead. Lots of catching up to do with old friends and new babies to meet!!! I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment