Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Update on Us

We have had a busy few weeks! Time is flying by...hopefully it continues to do so. Tim has been very busy with basketball. The team has had a few very close losses followed by a handy win last night. Annika and I are excited to be able to attend 2 games this week, Friday and Saturday.

The house is coming along very nicely. The drywall is all up so it is really beginning to look like a home. There are a few things that we are concerned about but they are minor details in the grand scheme of things. I have been busy trying to pick out paint colors, window treatments and furniture for the girls rooms. Annika says she wants a pink room and we would like to do the baby's room in purple but I worry that Annika will then decide she wants the purple room and that just won't work out with her decor. Major dilema I know!!! The other day Annika told me she wants a pink room with a purple pillow and a pink fuzzy chair with a computer and a dresser full of clothes so she can go to weddings. Thats my girl...I worry I've created a monster.

We had some good news after my ultrasound last week. My placenta previa is gone so assuming everything else goes as planned I still have a chance at a natural birth. Baby looked good and I am proud to announce that she is extremely stubborn...just like her mom, dad and sister. These poor girls didn't stand a chance coming form Tim and I. Annika was thrilled as I am now able to lift her again. She's really been taking advantage of that. The bad news is that from here until the end I now have to wear thigh high support hose...sick! Tim was wondering when during all of this I turned 90. It seriously takes me 10 minutes just to put those suckers on...I can't believe how tight those suckers are. But hey on the upside they make my legs look skinnier.

We learned of some shocking news yesterday. Our former next door neighbors were involved in what appears to be a murder suicide on Monday night. Our hearts are broken for their 4 year old son who was found unharmed in the house. Please keep this little boy in your prayers...he will need all the help and support he can get for a long time. It's so sad to think that his innocence is gone and he no longer has a mommy and a daddy.

Well I guess that's all for now. I should get back to work. I hope you are all having a wonderufl winter...at least it's warmed up here a little bit.

1 comment: